Today I want to share with you the black purse that I knitted recently. I made it for a friend and I am quite happy with the way it has turned out. Below I will have how I made it and the limitations of the purse.
How I Made It
The entire purse is made of garter stitch. I had 30 stitches on my needle and knitted approximately 96 rows. The lid of the purse is approximately an inch down.
To attach the lid to the actual purse I used small, metal press studs. I sewed them onto the wool using black thread so it can not be seen from the outside.
I made the love heart using the same video I used in the baby booties I made recently. The link to the video that I used is down below. It is really good video to learn how to make the hearts.
Limitations of my Purse
The limitation of my purse is the press studs. The wool pulled when opening and closing the purse. Next time I think I am going to knit a button hole into the lid of the wool. This will reduce the strain on the wool when opening and closing the lid.
Overall I am really happy with the purse that I made and I can not wait to give it to my friend.
Thankyou for reading ❤
Keep Smiling 🙂
Today I would like to share with you my knitting project of the week. I made my first pair of baby booties!!! Yay!
You can see them in the Pinterest pictures below 🙂
Continue reading “FIRST TIME! Knitting Baby Booties!!!”
So, today I thought I would share the purple crochet purse I have been making. It is something that I have made for a friend who absolutely loves cats. It didn’t take me long to make. The cat was made in one day and the rest of the purse was made in a couple of days. Below, I have got the pictures of it in the form of an infographic.
How I Made It
As you can see above, the purse is all in simple crochet stitch. Well, at least I think that is what you call it… All of the different names for stitches confuses me. Anyway, to start the purse off I followed the youtube video by Crochet Jewel which I have linked below. After the first couple of rows, I started doing my own little thing because I had an image of what I wanted it to look like in my head. Though, her video is very good, so I recommend you look at it!
Then, for the cat I followed the youtube video below by Guidecentral English.
Limitations of my Purse
- Since I am very new to crochet I am not very good at making my sides straight, therefore, even though it is not obvious in the images, the sides of the purse are not that straight.
- You can see where I stitched the applique cat on from the inside of the pure. I think I should have attached it with a thread which you can’t see as obviously. You can also see how messy it is…
- The cat has so many errors in it, even if you can’t see it in the picture. This is because using black wool is very hard since you can’t see your little loops. Though, since it is black the errors are really not that obvious.
- The clips which I used are attached well onto the wool, but since it is wool, it stretches, so my friend will have to be careful when she opens and closes it.
Overall, next time I make something similar, I am going to use a different method of attaching the flap of the purse to the purse. Before I make another one I should probably improve on my crochet skills…
I hope you like this post and are thinking of making something similar 🙂
Thankyou for reading and remember,
KEEP SMILING 🙂
Hello Everyone 🙂
Today I thought I would share some ideas for what you could use your spare notebooks for. I don’t know if it’s only me, but I always have spare notebooks with nothing written in them. I seem to love to collect notebooks and do absolutely nothing with them because I have no idea what to do.
So please look below and see some of my ideas which I have collected! 😀
- A doodle book. If you are ever bored in class or need a break from school work, doodling is a fun idea 😀
- A travel journal. When you go away on a holiday record what you do, the weather, the people you meet and everything so you can read it a couple of years later and remember all of your amazing experiences. Continue reading “16 Blank Notebook Ideas”
I know it is kind of late to publish my New Years Resolutions but I still wanted to share them so LOOK BELOW!!! Continue reading “New Years Resolutions”